- RHD & LHD models
- Complete Bare Metal ground up restoration
- Comprehensive reconditioning of engine and gearbox
- Opt for a traditional or modern coloured re-spray, both interior, exterior and underbody painting
- 60 choices of colour for seat covers, from traditional rich colours to modern, bright shades
- Choice of 5 Kombi campervan layouts
- Bespoke cabinetry, with several choices of lightweight ply wood colours and effects, such as black granite, maple and beech
Built to Order…
Option One Vw Kombis for sale from £43,295 GBP
The Bay Window was a later model of the VW Type I Kombi Campervan, bursting in to life in 1968. With only minor changes in 1973, the Bay was different to the split screen van from previous years. Larger in the body, as well as in engine capacity, the final Bay Kombi campervan rolled off the production line in 1979.
But, be warned, it’s a marathon, not a sprint. Perfection in the shape of a restored VW Type II Kombi campervan doesn’t happen overnight. It takes skills and dedication, especially to create a bus that is custom made to your exacting requirements.
Preparation is key…
- Locate it – searching the globe, we will locate a Kombi campervan ripe for restoration that fits you wants and needs. In many cases, these Kombi campervans are imported from America and South Africa. Once in our workshop, they receive the care and attention they need to bring them back to life.
- Back to ‘basics’ – building from the ground up, we need to ensure that everything is as it should be, hence, every aspect is examined. The processes of Three Stage dipping (a form of non-destructive deep cleaning) and etch priming (creating an adhesive layer, ready for the re-spray) will reveal any problems or issues that need resolving
THE RE-BUILD BEGINS…
One the preparations are complete, the process of creating YOUR Kombi campervan can begin;
- The Bodyshop – it all starts in the bodyshop. Using the finest products from market leaders Würth, every part of your Kombi campervan undergoes the most comprehensive treatment, from screws and fastenings, to the hidden, yet essential component parts everything oozes quality.
- The Re-spray – for many customers, this is the most exciting part (other than taking delivery!). The aspect of any Kombi campervan created for you is encapsulated in its colours. There are very few, if any, limitations to the colours you can opt for; some customers give a nod to this iconic vehicles past, choosing the well-known and liked pastel shades but others give their Type II restored Kombi campervan a new lease of life with bright, fun colour combinations. Adding to this process is our new Underbody blasting and painting too! Fit for the roads again! ( Albeit better than when they came out of the factory! )
- The Electrics –In every Option one Kombi campervan we create, every aspect of the electrical components are replaced to modern standards.
- The Mechanics – the process is nearly at an end with the most important inner mechanical workings of your Kombi campervan having the full mechanical ‘treatment’. In other words, with the comprehensive Option 1 package, mechanical parts are all virtually replaced.
- The Interior – the final step is to create the interior, again to your wants and needs. With two ranges to choose from, you can opt for the deep, rich colours from the Zander range, from the brooding dark ‘Forest’ green to the elegant grey of ‘Arctic Sky. Or, if you want bright, fresh colours, take a peek at the Valencia range, from the zing of bright ‘Apfel’ green to the effervescence of bright ‘Berry’ pink. Our in-house upholstery specialists, make every seat cover and every inch of the soft furnishings; likewise, our cabinetry team create the interior seating, cupboards and the like to exactly how you want it. All hand made, all by us.
Finally, your Kombi campervan is ready for the open road, to take you on endless journeys of fun and laughter. Be free in your own bespoke Kombi campervan by calling us today!